I love love love beetroot but don’t eat a lot of it as its contains the highest sugar of all the vegetables but is great to mix into less flavoured food to add taste. It is so good for you, so here are it’s top 5 benefits:
1. Lowers your blood pressure
2. Boosts your stamina and energy levels
3. Fights inflammation due to its betaine content which helps protects cells
4. Contains anti-cancer properties
5. It’s rich in valuable nutrients (vitamin C for immune system, potassium for nerve function, manganese for bones, liver and kidneys, fibre and B vitamin folate.
6. Detoxification Support